We have very functional facilities available for hire at very reasonable prices.
We advise you to look at our premises before hiring to make sure it is suitable for your event.
Hiring the West Moonah Neighbourhood House
The Neighbourhood House is a medium-sized venue for hire, with a large room (approximately 9m X 7m), a smaller room (approximately 5m X 5m), a commercial kitchen and a courtyard outdoor undercover area with a Bar-B-Que.
There is also a screen and projector for training and presentations.
It is the perfect space for community events, such as meetings, and gather
Neighbourhood House Availability
The Community House can be hired seven days a week, between 7 am – 10 pm. All bookings are pending until confirmed.
What is included
- Power and heating
- Toilets, including a toilet with disabled access
- #43 standard chairs and #20 fold-up chairs
- Up to #25 fold-out tables
- Smart Whiteboard
- Sound System
- A kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle, urn and fridge are available upon request. Please advise on your booking form if you would like access to the kitchen.
- You are to provide your own crockery, cutlery and pots and pans, coffee, tea, milk and any other consumables – coffee stirrers, plates and cups are available for use.
What is not included
- Consumables such as coffee, tea, milk, biscuits, snacks, etc.
Conditions of Hire
The Neighbourhood House is a space where events that service and benefit the local community are encouraged. The community benefit needs to be clearly identifiable or able to be clearly articulated by potential users of the space. If it is not clearly articulated a commercial rate will be charged. Approval of events is at the discretion of the staff.
- No religious or political material is to be displayed at the Community House, nor is material deemed offensive by Hub staff to be displayed.
- You are to provide your own coffee, tea, milk and any other consumables.
- Strictly NO ALCOHOL is permitted.
- Strictly NO USE of Preschool and outdoor play area is permitted.
- Bookings can be made via our website, by email, by telephone or by dropping into the Community House during business hours. All bookings are not confirmed until an invoice is issued and payment is made.
- A bond and deposit is required for all bookings.
- A cash bond of $150 is required upon booking. This bond will be returned to the hirer on the condition the venue is left in the condition it was prior to use.
- Hire fees can be paid by credit card via our website, by deposit or in our office by Eftpos or in cash.
- Hirers are expected to clean the premises after use and ensure toilets are left hygienic and unsoiled.
- Stack the dishwasher before leaving, if the kitchen has been used.
- Make sure the microwave is wiped clean if the kitchen has been used.
- All equipment, chairs, and tables are to be returned to appropriate storage spaces at the completion of hire.
- All technical and electrical equipment brought onsite by the hirer must have a current tag and test certification.
- WMCH supply for cleaning: 1 mop and bucket, 1-floor duster (to sweep), some crockery, cutlery, pots and pans, rubbish bins & bags and cleaning products for floors and kitchens.
- Hirer to supply own tea towels and any other items required.
- Remove any rubbish from the bins and place it in outside council bins.
Damage to the Neighbourhood House
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to report any damage to the Community House upon arrival. If you see damage report it immediately by emailing email@example.com. In emergencies telephone the contact given to you during induction.
- In the case of damage made to the Community House during use the hirer is required to contact staff immediately. Should any damage occur during your use of the space you will be responsible for repair costs.
The Neighbourhood House cannot store items as space is limited. All items brought in by groups must be removed from the premises at the completion of an event. Alarm, Security & Safety
- Carefully follow the instructions attached for the building’s security alarm (provided at induction)
- The hirer will be charged for any security call-out fees that occur ($80 per call out)
- Absolutely NO smoking, open flames or alcohol is allowed on site.
- The use of open flames can trigger the alarm and/or cause safety risks. Any costs incurred due to the use of open flames will be charged to the hirer.
The West Moonah Neighbourhood House nor its staff will be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the hirer, or any person, form or corporation entrusted to or supplying any article or thing to the hirer by reason of any such article being stolen, damaged or lost and the hirer agrees to indemnify the Neighbourhood House against any such actions.
Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before the event. If a booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the event the Neighbourhood House will retain the deposit.
- One set of keys will be issued to the contact person listed. This person is required to attend an induction for the building.
- The keys are not to be shared with anyone who is not listed on the agreement.
- If multiple people need access to the keys, please list their name(s) and phone number(s). These people MUST attend a building induction.
Public Liability Insurance
If your organization has Public Liability Insurance, please provide a copy to the West Moonah Neighbourhood House.
- The Neighbourhood House address must not be used as a contact place or registered office unless authorised by staff.
- No animals are permitted in the Neighbourhood House except for animals who provide assistance.
To book our venue please call 03 6273 2362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org